Who We Are
The Marion Downs Center is recognized worldwide for unique leadership, stellar service provision and progressive innovations in the realm of hearing, and deafness. We value and promote individual and family choice in treatment, technology and communication options.
In a fitting tribute to Dr. Downs’ exemplary professional career, MDC strives to provide resources, services and education to support the needs of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing, their families and the professionals who work with them. On a larger scale, community outreach is also a Center mandate, including local, state and international teaching and services.
The Marion Downs Center has a "cradle to grave" approach of working with infant hearing programs, early intervention programs, family-centered support programs, and geriatric hearing concerns. Reflecting the spirit of Dr. Down's professional philosophies, the MDC promotes and provides inter-disciplinary collaboration which benefits parents, consumers, clinicians and researchers, in order to meet the needs of individuals with hearing loss.
Recent accomplishments include…
- 8 children attended Marion's Way Preschool; all received scholarship support.
- 3,000 babies were screened for hearing loss at birth.
- 100 people attended Sign Language Program classes and workshops.
- 65 high school students participated in the Teen Program.
- We received 10,892 hours of volunteer support valued at nearly $233,000 worth of service.
- 1 high school student received a $500 college scholarship at Campus Connections.